Friday, October 5, 2012

Update as f the th October 2012

Hi everyone,

Apologies to those that have endeavoured o connect with me via Facebook, I am slowly getting there, having a little diffivvulty as my eyes seem to be failing me these days, yeah right Phil, who you trying to kidd, myself as always. Anyway, I am getting there and plan to do a What’s on my mind entry tomorrow and friends have some video footage they are planning to load on to Facebcok as well this weekend.

The You bike www.youbike.co.nzis getting a real good workout pretty much every day, I have now put on just over 500 km’s since I recied it just under three weeks ago and it is certainly having a good impact, I have to make sure that I still have a good balance of exercises that I do as I find my lower back and upper legs have been getting extremely tight, it must be all the Scottish coming out in me, Jula used to cal me Colonel Ckink so that must be the problem.

Today in the GYM n the low rider bike, my Physio had it set to hill setting without my knowledge and I wondered why it was a little hard going, I had my arms on my legs helping themcalong a bit and I managed 6.0 miles in an hour which is ot to bad for me, I am keen to try the down hill setting sometime as I reckon I could almost triple that or more, my have a few problems navigating with my cane at that sort of speed. Poor person having to write an OSH policy for that, need a ring binder.

My good lady Ju has kindly enrolled me in a Sandstone sculpturing course starting next Friday the 12 th Oct at the Arts Institute in Taita where  will be working with a tutoe to create a sword, a replica of the sword that Gandolf used in the Bobbitt movie and we have been given a replica sword to help with my creative skells. The plan is to auction the completed sculpture possibly on Trade Me at the completion of it to help raise funds for the tandem bike and the planned ventures, so I keep you updated and my riding partner plans to take video footage from time to time as the sculpture comes to life and post it on Facebook.vc

 

Kind regards,

 

Phil Thorn

Don't forget to check out my blog phillywonka.blogspot.com

 

'To achieve great things you not only need to act but also dream,

you not only need to plan but also believe'

 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Phil,
    We have just read about your sculpture you are planning. Very exciting !! We also looked at the ad for YouBike. You are making tremendous progress Phil!
    Enjoy the holiday with the children
    Johnny and Corry

    ReplyDelete
  2. The post is useful and it would really help for those who search for forging manufacturers in india | forgings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep everyone should have a iron will to do something because without the willto something better we are nothing.

    ReplyDelete