Saturday, December 3, 2011

To but or not to ;! That's what counts!

A few day's ago I attended a Christmas function for the Blind
Foundation along with a very good friend to help with signing for
me. Following the lovely meal we were chatting with others at
our table & an elderly gentleman said to me via my friend what a
positive person I was & that people like me make the world a
better place to live in! I am certainly not sharing this with you
to say, look at me, arn't I great, no way! It has taken a lot of
work & climbing mountains to get to this point in my Journey & I
am certainly not planning to go any where near self pity land.
To be or not to be is what counts the most! The supposedly small
things in life do count very much & I really didn't have a lot to
say at the function at all, but obviously enough for this man to
pick up what he did & give me the compliment. This spoke to me
heaps & I have thought about it a lot since then, what atmosphere
do we bring to ? around us! It is totally a choice of the heart
what attitude we rise with each day & bring to the world around
us. More often than not this starts with the head & can take a
little work before it travels to the heart & becomes a part of
your being. As you sow to your spirit, you will reap life & give
life to ? around you because of the spirit of Him that lives and
dwells within you!
It talks in scripture about renewing our minds & not being
conformed to the image of this world! It also says in scripture
that God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, love &
a sound mind!
I went through a period of many months where I would rise in the
morning & the challenge of the day seemed to big & my body was
aching & sore. Tears would well up as I said goodccbye to my
family for the day & headed out the door with a careccgiver to
face another full on day of rehabilitation work. I would say to
my family, keep believing & holding onto ? dreams, they are going
to happen, saying this very much with my head & not sure what the
future had in store for us. At times I so wanted to curl up in
my lazyccboy & wish it all away!! As I started to face up to what
I was sowing into my life, a lot of selfccpity at times &
whipping myself for allowing myself to get sick, I realised what
you sow in must come out! I should have known this, but my
circustances had changed so dramatically, it had thrown me a bit!
I choose to sow life into myself & a big part of that has been
memorising scripture verses & also positive affirmations. This
is not about the power of positive thinking, far, far greater
than that, it's about a total renewing of ones mind & when you do
reign in & harness your mind, the potential for what can be
achieved by God's grace is unlimited, you can either just make it
through life or totally excel! The choice is yr's & it starts
with the right attitude in your heart.
I plan to develop this theme further with more Blogs in the next
little while. I am learning as I travel along on this Journey &
trust my thoughts are a little bit helpful to some of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment