Saturday, November 26, 2011

Updating my progress

Hi every one,
Well this past week my Physio took me from the GYM' with the
walker down the wheelchair ramp & then she got me to climb a
flight of stairs. There was a total of 5 steps & with a little
bit of help from her I climbed the flight by myself and grabbed
my walker again at the top and then back down the ramp again!
From there I walked to shower with the brakes off on the walker,
a distance of about 50 metres!
Yesterday a couple of friend's came to walk with me & I walked
for close to an hour around the complex at Laura Fergusson with
the brakes off for must of the time, at one point, I was going
carefully over a speed bump & I glanced over to my right & would
you believe it, a snail was about to over take me & he stopped,
tipped his hat to me & said, "Good day to you Sir" & then cruised
on! I couldn't believe it, the check of others that share this
planet with us!
In the afternoon yesterday, I had a go at the treadmill again & I
managed to do a total of 40 minutes with a stop once at 31
minutes for a rest! With both lots of walking yesterday, I did
close to 1 KM' of walking!Th is a guy that this time 3 years ago
was laying on a bed in a rehab centre in Dunedin with a paralysed
left arm and paralysed from the waist down! God is truely a great
God!!!! Thank you also to all the amazing work that Laura
Fergusson staff do with me, the Blind Foundation, my amazing,
amazing family & amazing friend's, one family in particular! The
dream of getting back on my feet again is now turning into
reality & it is very, very awesome! For me the dream of getting
back on my feet again doesn't stop there, the sky is the limit as
to what can be achieved!

No comments:

Post a Comment