Saturday, November 26, 2011

Reflections from my rehab bed 3 years ago!

I plan to write a few reflections from my time in the Rehab
centre in Dunedin, I am now in a place where my emotions are
strong & my head in a clear space to write about ? days!
When I was in ICU' for just over 3 weeks, I was on a life support
unit, tubes were in my nose, in my throat & also lower down in my
chest! My mouth was swollen along with my tongue & I was not
allowed any water & that was the case for almost 3 months due to
the swelling in my mouth and then skin came off the lining of my
mouth & also my tongue! I used to plead for water via a pad & pen
to the nursing staff. Every time I did this they would squab my
mouth out with a totally discusting liquid to help with reducing
the swelling. I used to try & fight as hard as I could to stop
them doing this & I ended up with my only good arm tied to the
bed, also to prevent me from pulling tubes out of my throat. At
that stage my left arm was paralysed. In my mind I used to
travel to every place I knew in New Zealand that I had been to
where I could get fresh, crystal clear water from! My thirst for
water was right out there! When I reached the spot in my mind &
tryed to drink from the spring, stream, pool, lake, etc I could
feel the water with my body but couldn't drink it at all! I
wouldn't linger at the place long be move on to another place in
the hope of quenching my thirst! I became so obseeded with
drinking water that when I was moved to the rehab centre I used
to ask the staff & my wife if the boxes of bottled water that I
had ordered from Lake Tekapo had arrived & I even had a date for
when the order was placed. You have no id, what a priviledge it
is to go to a tap & pour yourself a glass of water or to kneel at
a crystal clear pool of water & drink from it! As I am writting,
I have reached for my water bottle in my bag on the back of my
chair and taken a good mouthful!
in Life we strive to often full thelongings in our soul for
happyness & peace & we often will go to great lengths to achieve
this & work extended hours so as to hopefully achieve this goal!
In the good book the BIble it talks about GOd giving us water
that will quench that thirst in our souls & it is everlasting
water, so we will never thist again! He also says that He has
come to give us life & give it to us in abundance, that thirst
you have to find the meaning of life & to have peace,& fulfilment
& the struggggle to be someone that you are not called to ;, this
can only be satisfyed & quenched through coming to know our
Heavenly Father & His Son the Lord Jesus. "Whoever drinks of
this living water, will never thirst again" Jesus ws

No comments:

Post a Comment