Thursday, April 5, 2012

Our amazing bodies!!

God has designed our bodies so amazingly, the healing mechanisms
He has placed within them are incredible & far out stripe
anything that man can achieve. Man is very clever in what he has
achieved with the wisdom & knowledge that God has placed within
Him. But still the human body is far, far superior than any
invention or creation that man has ever achieved & will ever
achieve.
They used to call me the hollow man as my muscles in must of my
body had wasted away due to the length of time that I was pretty
much bed ridden apart from times of physio during the day. I
could not even sit up on the side of my hosipital bed & smpport
myself holding the arms of a chair, I was that weak. I used to
say that my legs felt like bits of steel & my feet were like
rocks & quite literally. People used to try & help free up my
feet by massage & twisting them around, backwards & forwards, etc
for an hour or so at a time with not a lot of success at the
time. They used to ache really badly & I had limited feeling
from the knees down, any cuts orabrasions to the skin took ages
to heal. Slowly over a perion of just over two years as I have
worked pretty much every day in the GYM' doing a huge range of
exercises, they have freed up. My physio used to say, "It takes
every grain of sand to make a beach & I have had to work to get
every muscle back again & as I have, I have felt things slowly
but surely improving. Finally the rocksccmy feet changed & then
I suffered with really bad pins & needles in them, that last for
around 6 months or more & then it changed to a feeling of water
under my skin in my feet & now laterly they are starting to feel
a little more normal, but like I have my feet in sand & I have
sand between my toes. I used to have fat toes & my feet were
quite swollen for many months making life very difficult to put
shoes on & to buy the right shoes as well. When my legs were
rubbed below the knees they felt horrible & weird, just recently,
they are starting to feel nice to rub & I no long have swollen
legs from the knees down. The spasms I used to have in my legs
were incredible & shaking at times as well
I used to have a standing frame that I climbed into & it had a
hydraulic pump that I would lever myself up with & a tray that I
could place my Braillenote on & work on while standing. My body
would ache & ache as I stood & I could only manage half an hour
to an hour at a time in it & more often than not, it would jigger
up my back & once returning to my chair again, I would be left in
huge amounts of discomfort. I took to standing in the shower at
the house we are renting used the bar in the shower & I would
stand for as long as my body would allow & as I got a little
stronger I started to do a little work with weigh transger from
one side to the other on my legs still holding the bars the whole
time. My lower back used to cause me so much grief & pain due to
the length of time that I sit & also bad posture in my chair & I
almost had to fight with my muscles while standing at times as
the pain & discomfort got pretty bad. Over a perion of a year or
so of doing this along with the GYM' work I was doing & extra
hours I had been putting in at home early in the morning & at
night, My body has strengthened xsf & I started doing sits to
stand from my chair using the bars, leg crouchs & holding for 5
seconds & taking one hand of the bar & holding it flat against
the wall or by my side, balance work. I was also doing work in
the GYM' with slings attached to my feet while laying on a
platform & my legs were raised to take away the gravity factor &
I would lay there trying to lift my legs up for as many times as
I could, very limited in the beginning & as time went on, I
advanced to having a spring attached & I would push against the
spring to increase the workload on my legs. Along with this, I
was doing sideways walking & backwards walking at the parallel
bars & also standing on a wobbly board at the bars to help with
balance in my body. Steps were placed down in pront of me at the
parallel bars & I would attempt to try & lift my feet up onto
them. In the early days, I could not do this & my physio would
have to help lift my feet up onto the step & back down again &
often fighting against muscles that were tight as well due to the
amount of work I had been putting in.
As our bodies are designed to work in corrdination, like a cross
circuit, right arm with left leg & left arm with right leg for
balance etc, I took to the flool with my knee pads on & would
crawl for as long as I could from my bedroom to the front door &
back again. To begin with it was so hard as my trunk muscles
were pretty much non existant & it would put huge strain on my
back & spine. Right back in the early days of crawling in early
2010, I crawled in bareccfeet & with no knee pads not realising
that it would cause so much damage to my toes & knees as my
muscles & body were not supporting me as they should & I left a
trail of blood through the house & munted my feet & knees which
took aget to heal & restricted me from working on the froor for
quite a few months. I didn't realise I was hurting my self as I
had limited feeling in both feet & legs as the pain level was
right up there in regard to them as well. The frustration levels
would rise to almost boiling point at times because of the
restrictions within my body. I had to learn how to channel ?
feelings that would rise & eat into my energy leves & leave me
feeling tired & drained. I had to learn that tomorrow is another
day & to face each day as it comes & to climb the mountain of
rehabilitation with every slill that I had learned & was learning
& dig deep within myself & find the good stuff, the good stuff
called potential.

No comments:

Post a Comment