Friday, September 16, 2011

Mountain Part 2

To begin with, I wasn't to keen to climb this mountain I am on.
The challenge seemed to big andI wanted to climb a mountain of my
own choice! More often than not, when you are in the outback and
journeying from one point to another you will come across a
section of the journey that is very challenging and you may even
say to yourself, Do I have to climb this part, there must be an
easier way around this part and that is when you have to really
focus and say, That is this all about, am I going to let this
stop me achieving and again it comes down to what is the goal I
am hoping to achieve here and make sure that gets cemented firmly
in place and then start plodding that challenging section again!
Much of the climbing I have done so far, the mountain has been
obscurred with heavy cloud and I can see only a short distance in
front of me, but there have been a few times when the cloud has
lifted a bit and I see some of the climbing ahead of me and as
challenging as it is, I look back and see the treacherous ground
I have walked over and it gives me confidance to move onward up
the mountain!One thing I have learnt as I climb, you have good
days and not so good days, but as you continue to climb the good
days will far out way the not so good days! I believe it is very
important to assess on regular basis what is it all about! Life
is a mountain and it is important what attitude we approach each
stage of lifes journey, as to how the next section of the climb
will go! Setting ? clear goals will help us stay focused and
achieve and I totally believe God wants us to be inspired to
achieve and not just sit back and let life sail on by. It says
in the Bible, "Without a vision, people perish" That is so true
and the vision needs to beclearly definded on a regular basis, I
believe. Many times if we are not careful when we are climbing
mountains, we can loose focus for a while and end up wandering
around the side of the mountain and possibly get a little
disorientated and end up settling for some thing lenss than we
could have achieved if we had only maintained that focus! A
proverb that I love and I think I shareed it in an ealier Blog
is; "To achieve great things, you not only have to act, but also
dream, not only plan, but also believe" It is so important to
have a good balance of there attributes when embarking on
mountain climbing I believe or you will never reach your goal and
you will settle for less than you can potentially achieve! I will
share a few more thoughts re mountains next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment