Sunday, September 18, 2011

Reflections from part 5; Mountain climbing

I have discovered as Iembarked beu this climb and left the
lazyccboy behind, the only way I will maintan my passion and
determination for the climb, is to share my weaknesses and
struggles with others that are part of my support team! Isolating
yourself from others especially when you are climbing through
uncharted territory, is a recipe for disaster I believe andone
can very easlily allow crazy thoughts and games to be played out
in one's mind and this becomes like the thoughts a of the lone
climb that lead to his lifes story ending!
I have learned to set a pace that I can manage and I endeavour to
reflect back over my day and week to see the ground I have made
and where I am sitting in regard to the climb! The "She'll be
right mate" attitude is a relic from the past and I amstriving
for more and more higherstandards in my climbing techniques and
attitude and to achieve that, I need to tap into climbers from
the past and ? that Surround me on a daily basis!
A wise climb will retain in the back of their mindthe potential
for hypothermia and it's affects, if a, "She'll be right"
attitude is adopted.
Successful climbers more often than not, are not show ponyies
demanding respect, their experience will bubble up and you will
find as you observe a wealth of experience and knowledge that has
been gained from summitting mountains!

No comments:

Post a Comment